The strategic objective of the project is to continue the support for the coordination, operation, development and maintenance of the national system of resources and services provided by the Romanian Tier-2 Federation (RO-LCG) for the LHC Computing Grid (LCG), in accordance with the LCG Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
The main targets of the project are the upgrade and optimization of the existing RO-LCG infrastructure according to the requirements of the experiments, the offering of high quality grid services to the wide user community, as well as the implementation of new technical solutions for the storage, transfer, processing and analysis of the LCG data.
As a result, RO-LCG will be prepared to support the research programme during the Run-3 stage of the collider and the future structural changes of the compute infrastructure induced by the implementation of the High-Luminosity LHC (HL-LHC).
The specific objectives of the project, listed below, are strongly correlated with the requirements of the Memorandum of Understanding for Collaboration in the Deployment and Exploitation of the Worldwide LHC Computing Grid (MoU).
- O1. Definition and implementation of the strategy for participation in Run-3
- O2. Set up and fulfillment of the annual resource pledge for the LHC experiments
- O3. Fulfillment of the service availability levels, as required by the MoU for the Tier2 sites
- O4. Communication and collaboration
- O5. Adoption of new technologies and technological updates
- O6. Training and technical support
- O7. Dissemination and outreach of RO-LCG achievements and of the results of the project
Horia Hulubei National Institute for Research and Development in Physics and Nuclear Engineering
Institute for Space Sciences
National Institute for Research and Development of Isotopic and Molecular Technologies - Cluj
Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iasi
Politehnica University of Bucharest